Additional Staffing for Weekend Storm Activity
Sacramento County, CA - With this weekend’s storm expected to bring significant rain to the region, Metro Fire is up-staffing additional resources, which will allow our firefighters to respond with specialized equipment to water emergencies more quickly.
Increased staffing for the weekend is as follows:
- Boat 65 will be staffed with a crew of four on Sunday and Monday. Boat 62 will operate as normal, cross-staffed with the crew from Engine 62.
- Copter 1 will be staffed on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Copter 2 will be staffed on Sunday and additional days, if needed.
Sacramento County has opened sandbag locations at two Metro Fire Stations. Sand and bags are provided, but bring a shovel, as sandbag sites are self-serve.
- Station 106 - 2200 Park Towne Circle
- Station 55 - 7776 Excelsior Road
Metro Fire will continue serving the public every day, no matter what the emergency. But we need your help this weekend by following a few safety tips.
- Water levels are going to continue to rise in rivers and creeks. Areas of the Parkway will be closed due to expected flooding. If you notice an area is closed, heed the closure and seek higher ground.
- Turn Around –Don’t Drown. Avoid driving if possible; if you must drive, be extremely careful. Reduce your vehicle speed and if a street is flooded, turn around. Do not go around road closures or barricades.
- Check on elderly family members, friends, and neighbors.
- Bring your pets indoors.
Report localized flooding at 916-875-RAIN (7246) and watch creek levels in real time at www.SacFlood.org. For more information and storm resources, visit Sacramento County’s website at www.saccounty.net.