Video: Fire Chief explains Self-Inspection Program
Self-Inspection Information Line
Please call (916) 859-4322 with questions regarding the Self-Inspection Program.
Commitment to Safety and Security
The Community Risk Reduction Division of the Sacramento Metropolitan Fire District is committed to the safety and security of our local businesses. The California Fire Code requires periodic inspections of all businesses to ensure the safety of business owners, employees, visitors, and customers. Customarily, this would require the district to visit your business and inspect your property to ensure compliance.
Due to the large number of businesses within our jurisdiction, the Sacramento Metropolitan Fire District has developed low cost options for low risk businesses to choose from.
- Standard Inspection - $182
- Inspection is completed by Metro Fire personnel.
- "Opt Out" of the Self Inspection Program is required.
- Instructions: business owners follow the instructions for Self Inspection by Mail or Online, but select the box to request a regular inspection/opt out of self inspection. If mailing, return the form with payment of $182 to Fire Recovery USA, LLC.
- Self-Inspection by Mail - $101
- Inspection is completed by the business owner.
- Instructions: Complete the Self-Inspection Form (below) and return it with payment of $101 to Fire Recovery USA, LLC. Mailing instructions will be provided in the information mailed to the business owner.
- Self-Inspection Online - $91
- Inspection is completed by the business owner
- Instructions: Complete the inspection of your business, using the Self Inspection Form (below) as a guide. Visit the Fire Recovery USA, LLC website at www.selfinspect.com and enter your account information and inspection numbers provided. Complete the online Self Inspection Form and make your payment of $91.
When inspections are due, those businesses identified as low fire and occupancy risk and that qualify for the Self Inspection Program will receive notification by mail with further instructions, including account & inspection numbers for the Online process. Below is a sample letter and the Self Inspection Form.