2023 FIRE CAMP is July 11-14
Registration for FIRE CAMP opens on April 20th
For kids ages 11-13
FIRE CAMP is a four-day Camp that teaches middle school-age kids what it's like to be a firefighter for the Sacramento Metropolitan Fire District. FIRE CAMP is an excellent opportunity for our firefighters to help 11, 12, and 13-year-old kids build a sense of teamwork and responsibility.
On day one, we will organize campers into "strike teams," which consist of 8 campers who are mentored and supervised by two professional firefighters. As the week progresses, the teams take on a character of their own as they learn about the job of a firefighter and experience:
- Putting out a flammable liquid fire with a fire extinguisher
- Climbing a 105-foot aerial ladder truck
- Developing the traditional bucket brigade and hand pumper crew skills
- Learning life skills such as Hands-Only CPR
- And much more!
FIRE CAMP occurs at Fire Station 21, 7641 Greenback Lane, Citrus Heights, 95610, near Sunrise Mall. Campers will rely on a parent or guardian for daily transportation.
Please note, Parent Orientation on Tuesday, June 20 at 7 PM is mandatory.
Hours for FIRE CAMP are as follows:
· Tuesday & Wednesday from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
· Thursday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
· Friday 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM (approximate end time).
At Metro Fire, our mission is to provide professional and compassionate protection, education, and service to our community. We look forward to working with your child!
The 2023 Fire Camp Interest List is Now Closed.
Download the Fire Camp Flyer Here
Questions? Contact email@example.com