Requests for Proposals/Bids
In an effort to transition from a paper-based bid solicitation process, Metro Fire is utilizing OpenGov, a fully automated web-based e-procurement system for public agencies. This e-procurement system provides prospective vendors with automatic solicitation notifications. Additionally, OpenGov gives vendors access to bidding opportunities from other government entities.
Metro Fire’s e-procurement portal (https://procurement.opengov.com/portal/metrofire) allows prospective vendors to do the following:
- Register to receive notifications of future opportunities.
- Receive updates for current opportunities. Simply find the opportunity and click the “Follow” button. This will allow all interested vendors to receive amendments and addenda notices automatically.
- Submit questions and receive answers regarding open solicitations.
- Guide vendors through the process of responding electronically to solicitation requests.
- Receive near real-time support when vendors have any questions about how to use OpenGov. Typical wait times for support responses are between immediate and 15 minutes.
- Ultimately, be your one location for all bid opportunities issued by Metro Fire.
Metro Fire will no longer utilize www.PublicPurchase.com. If you wish to continue to receive Metro Fire solicitation notifications, you will need to register with OpenGov. Registration information can be found below.
OpenGov registration is the first step to participate in Metro Fire bid opportunities. There is no cost to register with OpenGov. Please visit OpenGov (https://help.procurement.opengov.com/en/articles/2482165-vendor-registration) for step-by-step vendor registration instructions. Once registered, subscribe to the Sacramento Metropolitan Fire District’s notifications here:
It is recommended that vendors maintain an updated profile on OpenGov to ensure receipt of any notifications. If you would like to receive solicitation notices from other entities, you will need to subscribe to the entity’s individual page.